KIDS FUN RUN 2023
Kids Fun Run 2023 FAQs
The best way to start is to upload a picture to your fundraising page and write a personal story of your reason to participate in the Kids Fun Run.
It’s a great idea to kick start your fundraising with your own donation. Then share the link to your fundraising page with your friends and family.
Collectively, we're fundraising for life-saving neonatal equipment for hospitals around Australia.
In the last 12 months, with the extraordinary fundraising from hundreds of people, Running for Premature Babies have been able to provide the following specialised equipment to our larger city hospitals with Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs) and smaller regional and remote hospitals with Special Care Nurseries (SCNs), following a careful assessment of needs by our expert committee:
- Drager Babylog Ventilator VN600
- ECG Machine
- 2 x Video Laryngoscopes
- Baby Leo TN500 Incuwarmer
- Phillips Humidicrib
- GE Giraffe Warmer + Resuscitation Unit
- Babyroo RN300 Open Care Warmer
- 2 x Bilisoft 2.0 Phototherapy Units
- Lullaby Phototherapy System
- 2 x Blood glucose point of care monitors
- Baby Roo Resuscitaire
- SLE 6000 ventilator
- 2 x Patient Cardiac Monitoring Units
- Kanmed Twin cot
- Multiple Calesca Waterless Warming/Thawing Devices
- GE Giraffe Carestation OmniBed
- Koala Video laryngoscope blades
This equipment will make a profound positive impact on premature babies born all over Australia.
Parents will create an account and register their children in one go. There's no need to register children over 12 years, although they're welcome to come and help on the day.
Invite all your friends and family and run with them on 20 August 2023.
There is a registration fee of $25. Every participant will receive a special T-shirt to wear on the day and a finishers medal to show to your family and friends.
Fundraising is optional and we are grateful for all fundraising efforts. Our goal is to raise $60,000 which will provide lifesaving equipment, including humidicribs and ventilators for NICU's and special care units around Australia.
What is the location of each of the Fun Runs?
There are 5 locations around Australia:
- 29 Oct - Gormley Park, 14 Gormley Drive, Kingston TAS 7050
- 20 Aug - Grant Reserve, Coogee, NSW 2034
- 20 Aug - Fawkner Park, South Yarra, Victoria 3141
- 20 Aug - Saint Thomas More Primary School, Sunshine Beach QLD 4565
- 20 Aug - Gold Coast Little Athletcis Club, Pizzey Drive, Mermaid Waters, QLD 4218
Or you can run your own Kids Fun Run whereever you are. Simply click 'Virtual Fun Run' when you register. We'll send a t-shirt to every child who raises $50 or more.
It's a fun day out to do as many laps as you like.
To purchase hoodies, socks or Sophie's book, go to our online shop.
Follow us on our socials for the latest news!