Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
RUNNING FOR PREMATURE BABIES - KIDS FUN RUN
PARTICIPANTS AGREEMENT WARNING: This is a legal document that affects your rights.
1) I acknowledge that this event involves the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including over exertion, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, general public, course or weather conditions and other causes.
2) I understand that no one should not compete in this event unless they are capable.
3) By competing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my child’s participation which could result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby Indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and the negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. This release shall extend to and include Running for Premature Babies Foundation (RFPB), Randwick Council, and/or any other sponsors and their respective directors, partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the event, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the event in any matter whatsoever and promoters, sponsors and event organisers. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representative and assigns.
4) I agree and consent to accept medical treatment from RFPB, any employees or representatives of RFPB, ambulance officers or medical specialists in the event that my child(ren) are injured or otherwise become ill or incapacitated during the event. Any medical treatment that they may require, including attendance of or transport by ambulance, will be at my expense.
5) I consent to event organisers using my name, my child’s name, image and likeness before, during and after the event for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in the media, and to receive event related communications regarding this event and other RFPB events. I can unsubscribe from these event-related communications at any time.
6) I understand that compulsory insurance cover effected for participants in this event may not cover me for all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
7) Safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision, race safety briefings, encouragement to wear personal distress units) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of safety.
8) I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
9) My registration is not transferable to other people. If my child(ren) are unable to compete, or if the event is cancelled by way of circumstances beyond the control of the event directors, my registration fee is non-refundable.
10) I have listed medical or physical conditions from which my child suffers that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed.
11) I agree to abide by all race rules and directions issued by RFPB and any other event organisers.
12) Event organisers may change the event format, course or other race conditions at their discretion. If that occurs, this agreement applies to the changed conditions.
13) If the event is cancelled due to flood, cyclone, torrential rains or other acts of God conditions, I understand that entry fee will not be refunded.
14) I understand that RFPB may retain my personal details for marketing purposes and may provide this information to sponsors of this event.
I certify that I am 18 years of age or older and have read this document and fully understand it.
And I am the parent/guardian of the entrant.