Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
PREMMIE MARATHON CHALLENGE
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
PART A: RISK & RESPONSIBILTY
- The participant is responsible for ensuring that they have adequately and appropriately prepared both physically and mentally for the Event and by entering the Event, the Participant warrants that they have done so and are not aware of any illness, injury, physical disability or impairment which may cause them injury or death during the Event period. If the Participant has any health issues or doubts prior to or during the Event, the Participant warrants that they will immediately seek appropriate medical advice.
- If, during the Event, the Participant becomes ill or is injured, the Participant warrants that they will cease participation in the Event until they have sought the advice of a medical professional.
- You acknowledge and accept that there is a real risk of serious harm, injury or death inherent in participating in the Event and that you are voluntarily accept those risks.
- You will use your best efforts to avoid or minimise the risks to yourself when participating in the Event.
- You agree to RFPB collecting, storing and processing your information for the purpose of conducting the Event, and providing you with other information related to RFPB
- You agree that if you are the parent or guardian of a participant under the age of 18, you must arrange for appropriate supervision whilst they are participating in the event.
- You agree that you have obtained all relevant permissions to participate in the Event at
your location of choice including, but not limited to, local council, building owners corporation or gym.
- You agree to abide by your local area’s up to date Covid-19 guidelines and restrictions.
By registering for the Event the participant or the parent/guardian of a participant under 18, acknowledge and agree that you are entering into an agreement with the organiser, The Running for Premature Babies Foundation (“RFPB”), of the Premmie Marathon Challenge (“the Event”), and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
The Premmie Marathon Challenge involves setting a timeframe to complete a total of 42km or 100km through the month of November. The participant should seek professional advice from a medical practitioner before setting their timeframe.
PART B: MEDIA & PUBLICATION
- You agree not to use the intellectual property of RFPB or the Premmie Marathon Challenge, including but not limited to logos and trademarks, except with the prior written consent of the relevant owner of the intellectual property.
- You give permission for RFPB to use your image, voice, statements and name in any media representation before and after the Event and you understand that no compensation is payable to you for the use of your image, voice, statement and/or name.
- You acknowledge that RFPB takes the protection of your privacy seriously and that you have a right to request The Foundation not to use or to remove your image, voice, statement and/or name from any media or publication.
PART C: CONTENT AND DATA
- Any content a participant posts to the website (e.g. photos and videos) is the participants responsibility, and they must make sure that they have the necessary rights to post that content (e.g. by obtaining permission of copyright owners if necessary).
- RFPB reserves the right to delete any content posted, which violates someone else’s right, is hateful, threatening, pornographic or violent or otherwise violates the law.
PART D: REWARDS
- Rewards will be offered to the Event participants for achieving various levels of fundraising goals. Details for these can be found on the RFPB website.
PART F - ACKNOWLEDGMENT
The Participant acknowledges and agrees that distance walking or running can be dangerous and that they participate in the Event at their own risk. The risks associated with participating in the Premmie Marathon Challenge include but are not limited to the risk that:
- The Participant may suffer harm from physical exertion;
- The Participant may be involved in a collision with other people, animals or vehicles;
- The Participant may fall and injure themselves;
- The Participant may suffer from the effects of heat, cold, wind, rain and other weather conditions if taking on the challenge outside;
- The Participant may get lost.
- PART F – WAIVER, RELEASE, INDEMNITY AND LIABILITY EXCLUSIONS
Each of these risks may result in the Participant suffering harm including but not limited to death, physical or mental injury, disability, property damage and economic loss. There may be other risks to which the Participant may be exposed, including injury caused to other parties or damage caused to the property of other parties.
The Participant releases The RFPB Foundation (and their directors, officers, employees, representatives, volunteers, sponsors, contractors and subcontractors) (individually and together the “Those Released”) from all claims (including those arising out of negligence), loss, damage, liability, cost and expense arising out of the Participant’s participation in the Event and the Participant indemnifies Those Indemnified against any claim (including but not limited to those arising in negligence), loss, damage, liability, cost and expense that may be incurred or sustained by Those Indemnified in connection with any act, matter or thing done, permitted or omitted to be done by the Participant or which was in any way connected with the Participant’s involvement in the Event.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes, restricts or modifies any term, condition, warranty, guarantee, right or remedy (including but not limited to a guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”) which cannot lawfully be excluded, restricted or modified.