Quick tips to kick-starting your fundraising
Email your friends, family or work colleagues. It’s true – we’re all a little shy about asking for money. But don’t be, because this is a great, worthwhile cause. And people are usually more than happy to donate once they’ve been asked. People on our team are always astounded by the generosity of their friends and family, and we’re sure you will be, too.
You may also like to:
- Organise a charity sausage sizzle at your local hardware store
- Download this example fundraising letter to send to friends and family or post on social media.
- Hold a private party and charge your friends and family a small entry fee
- Get baking and organise an afternoon or morning tea
- Organise a charity golf or bowls day with your friends
- Pool your fundraising with another team member, or with a group, to get you started – two fundraising minds are better than one!
- Find out whether your employer has a Matching Gift program, where they match, dollar for dollar, the funds you raise.
Watch this space for more ideas when the team gets together ….
So whatever you do, join the team. And however you can, please help us raise funds. Remember, every dollar you raise will go straight into research and get us closer to solving the many mysteries and complications surrounding premature births. Now that’s a challenge well worth supporting.